– During a tour of a US border detention facility, Mike Pence encountered hungry men struggling to sleep on the floor of overcrowded cages. Many of the men came to the US to work.
– To investigate why the US has failed for decades to enact useful immigration reforms, The Millennial Source abided by an old guideline of American journalism: When in doubt, follow the money.
Go beyond the headlines with us…
– Which private corporations are cashing in on the humanitarian crisis?
– How crucial is migrant labor to the American economy?
– For how long have US employers and government agencies alternated between recruiting immigrant laborers and punishing them?
– What is the history behind the labor exchange programs that brought the first waves of Mexican workers to the US? What happened after the largest such program ended?