We all have that friend who is always just so on top of life. Every single event is recorded in her calendar, and she’s always 15 minutes early to everything, always put together, just always “on”.
They amaze us, but these friends also cause us mini panic attacks when it comes time to buy them gifts. Finding something that will meet their expectations and that they’ll actually like seems a little … daunting, to put it mildly.
So when it’s time to get a gift for that friend, here are a few ideas to make her day without driving yourself crazy!
– After leading her country out of a deep darkness following the Christchurch Mosque Shootings, New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern looked across the Pacific and was mystified:
“Australia experienced a massacre and changed its laws. New Zealand has had its experience and changed its laws. To be honest with you, I don’t understand the United States.”
– Most of the world finds the intensity of US “gun culture” bewildering. At the root of it all is a lone sentence in the world’s oldest constitution still in use.
Go beyond the headlines with us…
– What are some of the key facts and misconceptions about gun ownership in the US?
– What further context could James Madison have given when he wrote the Second Amendment – The Right to Bear Arms?
– How do most Americans view the Second Amendment today?
In September 2018, Dr. Christine Blasey Ford testified to the US Senate that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh had sexually assaulted her when they were teenagers. Responding to her testimony and to the #MeToo movement, President Donald Trump stated that it is “a very scary time for young men in America.”
Well, I am an American cisgender, heterosexual male, and I am not afraid. Here’s why:
– I have seen how women are pressured to remain silent.
– I understand that women are people. Completely. Really.
– I keep things in perspective.
– I want my life to matter.