UK police rampage London attacker Sudesh Amman’s home

By: The Millennial Source
Reading Time: 2 minutes



Police in the United Kingdom have gained access to the London hostel where the Streatham attacker Sudesh Amman had been living. The 20-year-old Amman was shot dead by the police on Streatham High Road after he stabbed three people in a terror attack on February 2. According to Scotland Yard, officers have blocked the hostel in Streatham, South London.

Amman had attacked two men and a woman with a machete, but reportedly did not cause any life-threatening injuries to them. Amman had reportedly been seen carrying a machete and wearing silver canisters on his chest in south London on February 2. He had randomly stabbed three people before being chased by undercover police. He was then later shot by the police officers. 

Previous imprisonment

Amman was released from prison a week before the attacks where he had previously been incarcerated for three-plus years for disseminating materials promoting terrorism. He had served only half his sentence and was reportedly under active police surveillance as a person of ‘risk’.

According to Sky News, the attacker’s mother, Haleema Faraz Khan, said that her son seemed “normal’ when she visited him on January 30. They had spoken on the phone just hours before her son’s terror act. Khan claims that Amman had been brainwashed by radical materials that he had viewed online and became even more radicalized after serving time in prison. 

ISIS claims responsibility

Terror group, the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), has claimed responsibility for the stabbings. “The perpetrator of the attack in Streatham district in south London yesterday is a fighter of Islamic State, and carried out the attack in response to calls to attack the citizens of coalition countries,” the group said in a statement broadcasted by its Amaq news agency.

London’s response

London Mayor Sadiq Khan responded to the attack with the following statement:

“A man has been shot dead by armed police in Streatham following an incident that is being treated as terrorism-related. A number of people are believed to have been stabbed.”
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson says there will soon be fundamental changes made to the system for dealing with those convicted of terrorism offenses.