A few minutes every morning is all you need.
Stay up to date on the world's Headlines and Human Stories. It's fun, it's factual, it's fluff-free.
Autumn's finally here in Hong Kong, and Halloween is right around the corner. Now that the Mid-Autumn Festival has kicked off this season of cooler weather, it's time for some festive fun. This Halloween is especially exciting as it's the city's first in three years without COVID restrictions. So, no masks are required, unless it's part of your costume, of course.
Curious about what's happening around town for this spooky season? Hong Kong has a lot in store, from themed amusement parks to lively costume parties in Lan Kwai Fong. So read on to find something fun to do to ring in the spooky season this year for Halloween in Hong Kong.
Ocean Park Halloween Fest
Halloween at Ocean Park is a favorite way to celebrate in Hong Kong, and this year's "School of Unending Horror" theme takes it up a notch. With six hair-raising haunted houses – seriously, you'll be spooked. Talented actors and performers bring spine-tingling vibes to keep you on your toes. You might get a good jump scare, but it's all part of the fun.
- Where – Ocean Park Hong Kong, 180 Wong Chuk Hang Road, Aberdeen
- When – September 15 - October 31, 10 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Price – Child: HK$233, Adult: HK$388
Disneyland Halloween Time
For those wanting Halloween fun without the frights, Disneyland offers a milder approach. Disneyland Halloween Time lets you enjoy your favorite Disney villains in action – think Cruella De Vil, Maleficent, Hades, Ursula and others. Fans of The Lion King Musical Show won't want to miss "Let's Get Wicked," featuring these five infamous Disney villains performing their award-winning show for park visitors.
- Where – Disneyland Hong Kong, Penny's Bay, Lantau Island
- When – September 16 - October 31, 10:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Price – 1-day ticket: HK$639
Kids Multi-Sports Halloween Camp
The Island School is hosting an inclusive event – all are welcome, not just students. Kids aged 4-10 can enjoy a week filled with exciting activities, from ball games, bouncy castles and Halloween camp to medals, certificates and a fantastic Fancy Dress Friday. It's a special Halloween for little ones.
- Where – ESF Island School, 20 Borrett Road, Mid Levels
- When – October 23 - 27, 9 - 11 a.m.
- Price – HK$500 per day or HK$1,350 for a full week
Dan Ryan’s – Cirque Du Dan
This October, Dan Ryan's has something spooky-cool in store for Halloween. Laugh the night away at the A HA-HA-HALLOWEEN Comedy Night, featuring local comedians in quirky costumes. All month long, they're serving up special Halloween drinks, including the Spiced Pumpkin Bellini and Pennywise Martini. Pair your drinks with menu highlights like Buffalo Cauliflower, Cheesy Gochujang Fusilli and the loaded New-Jersey-style Disco Fries with Bone Marrow. And don't miss out on their upgraded DR Nachos Supreme.
- Where – Shop no. G40 & G41, Lee Tung Avenue, No. 200 Queen's Road East Wan Chai
- When – Sunday to Thursday, 11:30 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. and Friday to Saturday, 11 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.
- Price – $$$
- Phone – +852 2877 1913
Frites – Halloween Drag Brunch
Join Frites this Halloween for a "Frightfully Fabulous: Frites Halloween Drag Brunch." There's no need to break the bank. This event is all about dressing up and having a blast with your pals. Hosting the show is Violette Balance, Hong Kong's Dance Diva. You can sip on endless drinks and feast on all-you-can-eat steak, with vegetarian options also available.
- Where – Shop 1, 38 Haven St, Causeway Bay
- When – October 28, noon - 4:30 p.m.
- Price – HK$660 per person
- Phone – +852 3950 900
Aqua Luna Haunted Harbour Cruise
Hong Kong's famous red cruise is set to get a spine-tingling makeover this Halloween. This year's theme? Pirates and Mermaids. Kids can dive into a world of fun with a scavenger hunt, darts and Captain Hook's Ring Toss. They can also get creative by painting seashells and decorating treasure chests, offering ample photo opportunities. For the grown-ups, this is a chance to kick back and soak in breathtaking views while sipping on Magic Sea Water with unlimited popcorn.
- Where – Central Ferry Pier Link Building, 7 Man Yiu Street, Central
- When – October 15 and 22 and November 5, 11, 19 and 25, 11:30 a.m.
- Price – Child HK$300, Adult HK$240
- Phone – +852 2116 8821
Lan Kwai Fong
For the party-loving crowd, Lan Kwai Fong is a must. While LFK is usually lively, Halloween takes it to the next level. The whole area turns into a massive street party this time of year. One of Halloween's highlights in Lan Kwai Fong is the wildly creative costumes. People get creative with themes like horror and pop culture or just aim to turn heads.
- Where – 1 Lan Kwai Fong, Central
Friday Night Fiesta
Catch a spooktacular night at Solar Club LFK. Secure your early bird tickets for only HK$189, scoring free-flow drinks from 10 p.m. to midnight. Pulse Events is hosting this Halloween 2023 bash for the very first time. Dress code? Halloween costumes, of course. Expect eerie decorations and a night full of chilling fun. Oh, and this one is for 18+ only.
- Where – 2/F, Ho Lee Commercial Building, 38-44 D'Aguilar Street, Central
- When – October 27, 10 p.m. - 4 a.m.
- Price – Early bird at HK$189, 2nd tier at HK$219, Door at HK$319