About our Terms
The Millennial Source Limited, also referred to as TheMilSource or TMS, is a registered limited company. Throughout these terms, any use of "we," "us," or "our" refers to The Millennial Source Limited. We are a limited company registered in (Hong Kong) and our registered address is (1203, CC Wu Building, 302-308 Hennessy Rd, Wan Chai). Our company business registration number is 71617648.
These Terms and Conditions apply whenever you :
- use TheMilSource.com, TheMilSource.com mobile and online digital channels and services (together "TheMilSource.com") and access the content and services available on them (together, the "TheMilSource Content");
- and subscription access to TheMilSource.com, and/or the TheMilSource Content (together, the "TheMilSource Services") on a subscription basis.
You should read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using TheMilSource.com and/or TheMilSource Content or subscribing to TheMilSource Services. By accessing, using or subscribing to any of the above, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (as applicable) and the documents referred to in them.
Your Subscription to the TheMilSource Services
Subscribing to TheMilSource.com
We currently offer:
- to TheMilSource.com ("Digital Subscriptions");
TheMilSource.com and TheMilSource content and all intellectual property rights in each are owned by us, our licensors or both (as applicable). Intellectual property rights means rights such as: copyright, trademarks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind whether or not they are registered or unregistered (anywhere in the world). We reserve all of our rights in any intellectual property in connection with these Terms and Conditions. This means, for example, that we remain owners of them and free to use them as we see fit.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions grants you any legal rights in TheMilSource.com or the TheMilSource Content other than as necessary to enable you to access TheMilSource.com and use the TheMilSource Services. You agree not to adjust, to try to circumvent or delete any notices contained on TheMilSource.com (including any intellectual property notices) and, in particular, in any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within TheMilSource.com.
You are permitted to use the TheMilSource Content only as set out in our Copyright Policy.
Accessing and using TheMilSource Content
You agree to comply with our Copyright Policy when using TheMilSource Content. You are responsible for all use of TheMilSource Content, whether accessed without a Subscription as a registered user, under your Subscription, or under your organization’s Subscription.
If you believe there has been any breach of security such as the disclosure, theft or unauthorized use of your ID or any payment information, you must notify TheMilSource immediately by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend that you do not use the “Remember me” log in feature on any device that may be used by anyone other than you in order to prevent unauthorized access to TheMilSource.com and your Subscription details.
User Generated Content
TheMilSource.com and its respective channels, which include but not limited to social networks, includes comments sections, blogs and other features that allow interaction between users and between users and the TheMilSource editorial team. If you post “User Generated Content” or “UGC” then you must comply with our guidance for commenting on articles plus any specific rules posted on the Forum. You are responsible for all the content of any of your UGC that you or we publish. You are financially responsible to us for any claim against us by any third party that your UGC is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or that otherwise relates to your UGC.
You own the copyright in your UGC, and you agree to grant TheMilSource a right (but not an obligation) unlimited in time to publish, re-use, archive, modify, delete or commercially exploit that UGC in whole or in part as we see fit, whether on TheMilSource.com or otherwise, without any requirement to pay you for this and with or without attribution to you. You also waive any moral rights that you may have in regard to the UGC.
You agree that you will:
- only post original content and not infringe the copyright or other rights of any third party;
- not post any UGC containing any form of advertising or promotion for goods and services or any form of unsolicited communication;
- not post any confidential information of a third party;
- not post any recommendations to buy or not buy a particular share or investment or which otherwise has the purpose of affecting the price or value of any share or other investment;
- not post anything that is threatening, offensive, libelous, indecent or unlawful;
- not post anything that is discriminatory in nature, for example, comments which make attacks on the grounds of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age;
- respectfully challenge different points of view but not personally attack other commentators.
- not disguise the origin of any UGC and not impersonate any person or entity (including TheMilSource employees or other platform guests or hosts) or misrepresent any connection with any person or entity;
- not post any UGC unrelated to the topic at hand;
- not post any UGC that contains software viruses, files or code designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of TheMilSource.com or any computer software or equipment;
- not collect or store other users’ personal data;
- not restrict or inhibit any other user from posting UGC; and
- comply with the guidelines for commenting set out in our Commenting FAQ.
It is not possible for TheMilSource to fully monitor all UGC published on TheMilSource.com but where we have actually received notice of any UGC that is potentially misleading, untrue, offensive, unlawful, infringes third party rights or is potentially in breach of these Terms and Conditions, then we will review that UGC, decide whether to remove it from TheMilSource.com and act accordingly. This may include banning a user from participation in UGC on TheMilSource.com. If you are aware of any such UGC, please notify us immediately with specific details by contacting us at email@example.com.
We can link your UGC, including anything posted under a pseudonym, to your TheMilSource.com account. Our moderation and community team may contact you from time to time regarding your UGC.
Content and Non-Endorsement
Opinions and other statements expressed by users, third parties such as content contributors are theirs alone, not opinions of TheMilSource. Content created by third parties is the sole responsibility of the third parties and its accuracy and completeness are not endorsed or guaranteed. The Sites and third parties may provide links to web pages, websites, and various resources or locations on the web. TheMilSource has no control over the information you access via such links, does not endorse that information, and shall not be responsible for it or for the consequences of your use of that information.
TheMilSource displays some content that we did not create and do not own. This content is the sole responsibility of the entity or person that makes it available. We assume no responsibility for the conduct of third parties, including persons or entities with which you communicate using the Site. The Site enables you to submit content. You – not TheMilSource – are entirely responsible for any content that you upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available via the Site. We may remove and refuse to display content that violates the Terms or applicable laws or regulations, but that does not mean that we monitor the Site or review or screen any content. By using or accessing the Site you understand and agree that you may be exposed to offensive, indecent, or objectionable content.
Both the TheMilSource op-ed section, or “Voices," and the contributors' section represent the opinions expressed by the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, viewpoints, and official policies of our editorial team. All Voices and contributors' content will be clearly labeled as such.
Accuracy of information and availability of TheMilSource.com
While we try to make sure that TheMilSource.com and all TheMilSource Content is accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, we cannot promise that it will be. Furthermore, we cannot promise that TheMilSource.com will be fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance that you may place on the information on TheMilSource.com is at your own risk. You can read more about how we deal with corrections here: https://themilsource.com/corrections/.
We may suspend or terminate operation of TheMilSource.com or any part thereof at any time as we see fit.
While we try to make sure that TheMilSource.com is available for your use, we do not promise that TheMilSource.com is available at all times nor do we promise the uninterrupted use by you of TheMilSource.com.
Third party sites and products
TheMilSource.com may contain hyperlinks or references to third party websites and third party products. Any such hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party websites and accept no legal responsibility for any products, content, material or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third party website or third party product (including any advert or sponsor) does not mean that we endorse that third party's website, products or services. Your use of a third party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third party site.
Any agreements, transactions or other arrangements made between you and any third party named on (or linked to/from) TheMilSource.com are at your own responsibility and entered into at your own risk.
Your Privacy and Personal Information
Limitation on our Liability
TheMilSource makes no warranty, express or implied, regarding your Subscription, TheMilSource.com, TheMilSource Content or TheMilSource Services, which are provided 'as is.' We expressly disclaim all warranties to the extent permitted by law, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose.
Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot limit or exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury), in the event that you suffer any losses arising in connection with your Subscription or your use of TheMilSource.com, TheMilSource Content or TheMilSource Services:
we shall not be liable or legally responsible in any way (whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise) for:
- any loss that was not foreseeable to you or the TheMilSource when the contract was formed;
- any loss that was not caused by any breach on TheMilSource’s part;
- any business loss (including business interruption, or loss of revenues, sales or business opportunity);
- any loss of profits, anticipated savings, goodwill, reputation, or data;
- any loss of use or corruption of software or technical equipment;
- any loss to non-consumers; and
- any indirect or consequential loss
in each case, even if we have been advised that such damages may arise.
The limitations of liability in this section 5 apply for the benefit of TheMilSource, its affiliates, including those listed in section 6 and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents or any company who we transfer our rights and obligations to in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions were updated on 15 February 2023 and replaced with immediate effect all Terms and Conditions previously published.
We may update these Terms and Conditions for legal or regulatory reasons or to reflect changes in our services or business practices. You should regularly check this section to see if any changes have been made. Any changes will become effective as soon as we post them on TheMilSource.com.
Law and Jurisdiction
If you are a user whose principal address or principal use of TheMilSource.com occurs in any jurisdiction other than (Hong Kong) then these Terms and Conditions will be subject to (Hong Kong) law. In this case, to the extent possible in the applicable jurisdiction, both you and we agree that the courts of (Hong Kong) will (subject to the final paragraph in this section 8) have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of, under, or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
If you attempt to bring any legal action against TheMilSource.com based in any way on its products or services, you agree that, in the event you do not prevail or TheMilSource does prevail, you will reimburse TheMilSource for any costs and attorneys fees associated with their defense of the action.
Copyright Infringement Claim Policy
TheMilSource respects the intellectual property of others, and requires that our users do the same. You may not upload, embed, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that infringes any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any person or entity. TheMilSource has the right to prohibit infringers from using our Site.
If you believe your work has been copied and posted on or through the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please email TheMilSource at firstname.lastname@example.org with a notification of claimed infringement with all of the following information:
- (a) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- (b) identification of the claimed infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material on the Site (providing the URL(s) of the claimed infringing material satisfies this requirement);
- (c) information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
- (d) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- (e) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and
- (f) your physical or electronic signature.
Upon receipt of a Notification of Copyright Infringement from a copyright owner that contains the required information described in (a) through (f) above, TheMilSource will notify the user, if known, of the alleged infringement and remove or disable access to the material that is alleged to be infringing if hosted on the Site. No personal user information is shared with the copyright owner unless required by law.
If TheMilSource receives more than one Notice of Copyright Infringement concerning a user, the user may be deemed a “repeat copyright infringer.” TheMilSource reserves the right to terminate the accounts of “repeat copyright infringers.”
We shall have no liability to you for any breach of these Terms and Conditions caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, strikes, lock-outs, or other industrial disputes; epidemic or pandemic; breakdown of systems or network access; or flood, fire, explosion or accident.
You may not license or transfer any of your rights under these Terms and Conditions. We may transfer any of our rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions to any company within the Millennial Source group of companies, but if we do so we will ensure that any company to whom we transfer our rights or obligations will continue to honor your rights under them.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which will remain in full force and effect.
Failure by either party to exercise any right or remedy under these Terms and Conditions does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy. Headings in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and will have no legal meaning or effect.
These Terms and Conditions (together with the documents referred to within these Terms and Conditions, including in sections 1.4 and 2.1) constitute the entire agreement between you and TheMilSource relating to your use of the TheMilSource Services. They supersede all previous communications, representations and arrangements, either written or oral.
If you have any queries about how we use your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information we collect
This section details the information we may collect about you. We explain why, and how, we use it in later sections.
If you decide to create an account or enquire about one of our products or services, we’ll ask you to provide us with some specific information, for example:
- Email address
On occasion, we will ask you to voluntarily provide additional information, for example:
- Company name
- Your website URL
- Team size
Information we obtain through cookies and similar tools
Lawful basis for processing
We only process personal information where we have a lawful basis for doing so, such as the following:
- User consent
This is where you have given us permission to process personal information for a given purpose. For example, if you complete one of our general enquiry forms, we would ask for your consent if we wanted to use your personal information for any other purpose. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. You can manage your preferences within your account or by contacting Customer Care.
- Legitimate business purposes
This is where we have a legitimate interest, as a business, to process personal information. For example, where we are aware of copyright infringements on our Site, it is in our legitimate interests as a business to identify those responsible. We take due care to balance our interests against your right to privacy.
- Contractual necessity
This is where we have to process personal information to meet our contractual obligations. For example, if you are a business interested in advertising, we would need to process your company information internally.
- Legal obligation
This is where we have to process personal information in order to comply with the law. For example, we process and retain sales partner invoice information to comply with financial regulations.
How we use your personal information
We collect personal information for reasons including:
- To improve and maintain performance – In order to provide you with the best possible user experience and value, we need to make sure that our products and services work as they should. Using personal information helps us understand how our readers experience our Sites and services, so we can make improvements.
- To provide our content and service – We require some of your basic personal information so our services work as you would expect, for example, obtaining your email address to send you our newsletters.
- For the purpose of advertising – We rely on advertising revenue in part to support our work. We need to process your information to understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant, personalized advertising. We use the information you give us, the information we collect about you, and the information we infer, to serve you with the most appropriate advertisements.
- To build directories – Our site processes personal information to create databases and directories. These directories provide key business insights and profiles to those that have licensed access.
- To administer prize draws and competitions
If you enter a prize draw or competition, we will process your information in order to run the competition or administer the prize draw. For example, we will process your address information if you are a winner and we need to send your prize by post. We may be required to publish or otherwise make available your name and/or region if you are selected as a winner in a competition or prize draw.
Who we share your personal information with
We disclose personal information to facilitate the running of our business or to provide specific services you have requested. Commonly, we will disclose information to:
- Other users – Our Sites are publicly accessible and anyone around the world who accesses our Sites will be able to see anything you post, such as comments about an article. We encourage you to use a pseudonym when commenting on our Sites if you do not wish to be identifiable to other readers.
How we keep your personal information secure
We have appropriate technical and administrative security measures in place to help ensure that our users' information is protected against unauthorized or accidental access, use, alteration, or loss.
Under data protection laws, you may have rights as an individual in relation to the personal data we hold about you. These rights include:
- The right to object to direct marketing;
- The right to access the personal data that we process about you;
- The right to request the deletion of your personal data;
- The right to request the rectification of your personal data - you can manage some of this information in your account.
You can exercise these rights through your account or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy was last updated on 20/02/2023.
This copyright policy sets out how users are permitted to use our content and also explains the types of use that require the purchase of additional licenses. This policy forms part of our terms and conditions. Thank you for reading this policy: our ability to invest in high quality journalism depends on our users complying with it. We reserve the right to change our copyright policy from time to time by publishing an updated policy on TheMilSource.com, which shall become effective and replace any previous policy with effect from publication. This version of the copyright policy was published on 1/02/2023.
How may I use TheMilSource content?
- View our content for your personal use
- Print single copies of articles on paper for your personal use;
- Share links to articles by using any sharing tools we make available.
How may I republish or redistribute TheMilSource content?
Except as set out above, you may not copy TheMilSource content from TheMilSource.com or any third party source of TheMilSource content such as news aggregators and you may not republish or redistribute full text articles, for example by pasting them into emails or republishing them in any media, including websites, newsletters or intranets.
We permit limited republishing and redistribution of TheMilSource content as set out below provided that this does not create a Substitute for our own products or services.
We define a Substitute as a product or service that reduces the need for users or other third parties to pay for TheMilSource content directly, or which creates revenue from the TheMilSource content to the detriment of TheMilSource’s own ability to generate revenues from that content.
As long as you do not create a Substitute, you may do the following:
- Publish online, the original TheMilSOurce headline and a link to the article and the first 140 characters of an article;
- Forward the original headlines, links and teaser text to other individuals;
- Download our RSS feeds and view them for your personal use. We currently publish headlines and teaser text within our RSS feeds. You may also make an RSS feed available to third parties, users within an organization you work for or users of a website that you publish, on condition that you comply with the restrictions set out below.
The restrictions that apply to use of our RSS feeds are that you:
- only publish the feed for access via a web-based browser.
- do not use or publish the feed as part of a paid for service or for other commercial gain.
- publish the feed as it is made available on themilsource.com, so that you only include the headline and teaser content, and ensure that the headline links back to the full text article on themilsource.com.
- attribute the feed to the TheMilSource as “The Millennial Source”.
- do not archive the feed or any of its content.
- comply with our guidelines on usage of TheMilSource logos.
Our RSS feed can be found at: www.themilsource.com/feed.
How am I allowed to link to TheMilSource content?
If you would like to link to TheMilSource.com, please read and comply with the following guidelines and all applicable laws. A site or service that links to TheMilSource.com:
- may display a TheMilSource logo to indicate the source of the link, but must not otherwise use any TheMilSource trademarks without permission from TheMilSource;
- must not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the TheMilSource logo;
- may link to the homepage of TheMilSource (www.themilsource.com), and, provided that you comply with this copyright policy, may also link to other pages of themilsource.com;
- must not be a Substitute (as defined above);
- must not in any way imply that TheMilSource is endorsing it or its products or services;
- must not misrepresent its relationship with TheMilSource or present false information about TheMilSource;
- must not be a site or service that infringes any intellectual property or other right of any person or that otherwise does not comply with all relevant laws and regulations; and
- must not be a site or service that contains content that could be construed as distasteful or offensive.
What am I not permitted to do with TheMilSource content?
You cannot do anything other than make use of the content as set out above, unless you enquire about the appropriate license.
If you have any questions on copyright or republishing our material, please contact our republishing team at email@example.com.
If any provision or portion of these Terms & Conditions is held in whole or in part to be unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of that provision and of the entire agreement will be severable and will remain in effect, to the fullest degree consistent with the intent of this document.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site.
Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
The Millennial Source Ltd.
Last updated: February 2023